Before you Read
Page no- 98
1. What pleasure does a beautiful thing give us? Are beautiful things worth treasuring?
Ans. A beautiful thing provides us an everlasting joy and it would never turn into nothing. Beautiful things are worth treasuring. It provides us with peace of mind and helps to get rid of the negative elements and qualities.
Think it out
1 .List the things of beauty mentioned in the poem.
Ans. The nature is a great source of beauty. Its beauty keeps on increasing and would never disappear. A bower provides us mental peace and shelter as well. It also gives us a sound sleep which keeps us fit and health. The sun, the moon, the old and the young trees, the daffodils, rivers, flowers provide beauty.
2. List the things that cause suffering and pain.
Ans. Malice ideas and disappointment are the major cause of suffering and pain. Other causes include lack of noble qualities and unhealthy ways.
3. What does the line, ‘Therefore are we wreathing a flowery band to bind us to earth’ suggest to you?
Ans. The poet describes the nature to be a great source of beauty. According to him, we are wreathing ourselves with the nature every moment which binds us strongly like a flowery band.
4. What makes human beings love life in spite of troubles and sufferings?
Ans. The thing of beauty makes the human beings love life in spite of troubles and sufferings. This helps us to get rid of the inhuman qualities and soothes our mind.
5. Why is ‘grandeur’ associated with the ‘mighty dead’?
Ans. Mighty dead refers to our forefathers who have sacrificed their lives and have turned out to be ‘mighty’ by their noble works. They will always be remembered for their noble qualities.
- Arithmetic Progressions Chapter 5 NCERT Solutions For Class 10 CBSE Mathematics (Exercise 3 and 4)
- Arithmetic Progressions Chapter 5 NCERT Solutions For Class 10 CBSE Mathematics (Exercise 1 and 2)
- Some Applications of Trigonometry Chapter 9 Extra Questions and Solutions For Class 10 CBSE Mathematics
- Circles Chapter 10 Extra Questions and Solutions For Class 10 CBSE Mathematics
- Coordinate Geometry Chapter 7 Extra Questions and Solutions For Class 10 CBSE Mathematics
6. Do we experience things of beauty only for a short moment or do they make a lasting impression on us?
Ans. No, we don’t experience things of beauty for a short moment. Things of beauty provide us with an everlasting joy and peace. Its beauty never fades away but keeps on increasing. It removes inhuman qualities and strengthens our bond with the nature by binding us to it.
7. What image does the poet use to describe the beautiful bounty of the earth?
Ans. The image that poet uses to describe the beautiful bounty of the earth as an ‘endless fountain’. Nature is the ultimate source of beauty. The sun, the moon, the daffodils, and mighty dead are the sources of beauty which provides us pleasure. It is like an endless fountain that is being poured from the heaven.