You are going to go through (NCERT) Textbook Questions And Answers of Mijbil the Otter Class 10 English First Flight Chapter 8 This post presents to the students for a clear conception about how to move with the basics of Extra Questions and answers. The expert prepared The Extra Questions and And Answers. https://cbsencertanswers.com/is very much with the purpose of making things way simpler and easier for the students. Especially those who are appearing for the board exams. We took every care to make sure that the effort serves the purpose. So, let us find out (NCERT) Textbook Questions And Answers of Mijbil the Otter Class 10 English First Flight Chapter 8
(NCERT) Textbook Answers of Mijbil
Oral Comprehension Check
Page no- 106
1. What ‘experiment’ did Maxwell think Camusfearna would be suitable for?
Ans. Maxwell thought that he would keep an otter instead of a dog when he travelled to Southern Iraq in the New Year of 1956. Camusfearna had plenty of water and that’s why it would be a suitable spot for the experiment.
2. Why does he go to Basra? How long does he wait there, and why?
Ans. He was going to Basra to collect and answer the mail from Europe. he had come to the Consultate-General.
3. How does he get the otter? Does he like it? Pick out the words that tell you this.
Ans. The narrator’s friend sent an otter for him at his place.
Yes, the author liked it.
The words that tell us the narrator like the otter were:
(i) “in the crook of my knees”
(ii) “I made a body-belt for him”.
4. Why was the otter named ‘Maxwell’s otter’?
Ans. The scientists named otter as ‘Maxwell’s otter’. Its scientific name was Lutrogale persipicillata maxwelli.
They named ‘Maxwell’s otter’ in short.
5. Tick the right answer. In the beginning, the otter was
(a) aloof and indifferent
Ans. (a) aloof and indifferent.
6. What happened when Maxwell took Mijbil to the bathroom? What did it do two days after that?
Ans. At the bathroom, Maxwell went wild with the joy of water for around half an hour. He plunged and rolled in it. He started shooting up and down t the bathtub and made enough slosh and splash.
Oral Comprehension Check
Page no- 108
1. How was Mij to be transported to England?
Ans. The British airline didn’t allow animals on board. So, the narrator packed up Mij in a box that was not more than eighteen inches square. He had to book a separate ticket for Mij which would be from Iraq to Paris and finally Paris to London.
2. What did Mij do to the box?
Ans. The narrator packed up Mij in a box as the British airlines didn’t allow pets. He damaged out the edge of the box. This hurt Mij.
3. Why did Maxwell put the otter back in the box? How do you think he felt when he did this?
Ans. Maxwell had no other way out. He needed to carry the otter and the box was the only option.
The narrator must have felt sad for the poor animal but was helpless.
4. Why does Maxwell say the air hostess was “the very queen of her kind”?
Ans. Mij had hurt himself. This worried Maxwell a lot and was not willing the otter inside the same box. He consulted with the air hostess about the matter. The latter suggested that Maxwell can carry his pet on his knee. He felt relieved. Thus, he considered the air hostess to be “the very queen of her kind”.
5. What happened when the box was opened?
Ans. After opening the box, Mij vanished within a moment. It ran here and there and this disturbed the passengers.
Oral Comprehension Check
Page no- 110
1. What game had Mij invented?
Ans. Mij invented a new game. Mij played for several hours. He played with particular toys, ping-pong balls, marbles, rubber fruit, and terrapin shell. Mij played with the ping-pong ball. He spent hours playing with it. The suitcase that the narrator had taken to Iraq was being damaged by Mij.
2. What are ‘compulsive habits’? What does Maxwell say are the
compulsive habits of
(i) school children
Ans. ‘Compulsive habits’ are those habits that are impossible to control.
(i) The school children placed their feet on the centre of each paving block. It must touch every seventh upright of the iron railings or to pass to the outside of every second lamp post.
(ii) Mij would tug Maxwell up and jump on it. He used to jump and run all around.
3. What group of animals do otters belong to?
Ans. Otters belong to a small group of animals called Mustellines. It shares the badger, mongoose, weasel, stoat, mink, and others.
4. What guesses did the Londoners make about what Mij was?
Ans. Otters are not found in England. The Londoners made a variety of guesses which surprised the narrator. They made random guesses. This includes- ‘a baby seal’, ‘a squirrel’, ‘a walrus’, and ‘a hippo’.
Thinking about the text
1. What things does Mij do which tell you that he is an intelligent, friendly and fun-loving animal who needs love?
Ans. Mij was an intelligent, friendly as well as a fun-loving animal. As the British airline didn’t allow pets, the narrator had to keep Mij in a box. Mij destroyed the box as he wanted to come out of it. Mij invented new games with ping-pong balls. He loved water and even played with it.
2. What are some of the things we come to know about otters from this text?
Ans. Otters belong to a small group of animals called Mustellines. It shares the badger, mongoose, weasel, stoat, mink, and others. The body has coatings of symmetrical pointed scales. We can find them in large numbers in the marshes near Basra which was a town in Iraq. The Arabians keep them as pets. The scientists named Maxwell’s otter as Lutrogale persipicillata maxwelli by zoologists.
3. Why is Mij’s species now known to the world as Maxwell’s otter?
Ans. The otter of Maxwell was earlier not known by the scientists. Later the zoologists named it as Lutrogale persipicillata maxwelli.
4. Maxwell in the story speaks for the otter, Mij. He tells us what the otter feels and thinks on different occasions. Given below are some things the otter does. Complete the column on the right to say what Maxwell says about what Mij feels and thinks.
|What Mij does||How Mij feels or thinks|
|plunges, rolls in the water and makes the water splosh and splash|
|Screws the tap in the wrong way|
|Nuzzles Maxwell’s face and neck in the aeroplane|
Ans. (i) Mij thinks it to be a hippo and this makes him happy.
(ii) chitters with irritation and disappointment.
(iii) distressed chitter of recognition and welcome.
5. Read the story and find the sentences where Maxwell describes his pet otter. Then choose and arrange your sentences to illustrate those statements below that you think are true.
(i) makes Mij seem almost human, like a small boy.
(ii) shows that he is often irritated with what Mij does.
(iii) shows that he is often surprised by what Mij does.
(iv) of Mij’s antics is comical.
(v) shows that he observes the antics of Mij very carefully.
(vi) shows that he thinks Mij is a very ordinary otter.
(vii) shows that he thinks the otter is very unusual.
- Arithmetic Progressions Chapter 5 NCERT Solutions For Class 10 CBSE Mathematics (Exercise 3 and 4)
- Arithmetic Progressions Chapter 5 NCERT Solutions For Class 10 CBSE Mathematics (Exercise 1 and 2)
- Some Applications of Trigonometry Chapter 9 Extra Questions and Solutions For Class 10 CBSE Mathematics
- Circles Chapter 10 Extra Questions and Solutions For Class 10 CBSE Mathematics
- Coordinate Geometry Chapter 7 Extra Questions and Solutions For Class 10 CBSE Mathematics