You are going to go through (NCERT) Textbook Questions And Answers of The Sermon at Benaras Class 10 English First Flight Chapter 10 This post presents to the students for a clear conception about how to move with the basics of Extra Questions and answers. The expert prepared The Extra Questions and And Answers. https://cbsencertanswers.com/is very much with the purpose of making things way simpler and easier for the students. Especially those who are appearing for the board exams. We took every care to make sure that the effort serves the purpose. So, let us find out (NCERT) Textbook Questions And Answers of The Sermon at Benaras Class 10 English First Flight Chapter 10
Thinking about the Text
1. When her son dies, Kisa Gotami goes from house to house. What does she ask for? Does she get it? Why not?
Ans. After the death of the son of Kisa Gotami, she had lost her senses. She carried her dead son asking for some medicine.
No, she didn’t get it. This is because the people said that the boy was dead and hence his treatment was impossible. Thus, nobody could provide medicine.
2. Kisa Gotami again goes from house to house after she speaks with the Buddha. What does she ask for, the second time around? Does she get it? Why not?
Ans. Kisa Gotami went to Goutam Buddha for some medicine to cure her dead child. Goutama Buddha asked her to bring some mustard seed but there was a condition. She should bring the seeds from such a house where no one has ever died.
Kisa Gotami went from one house to the other as instructed by Buddha. She asked people for some mustard seed. Everyone agreed to provide her, but everyone had lost their beloved ones at some point of time.
3. What does Kisa Gotami understand the second time that she failed to understand the first time? Was this what the Buddha wanted her to understand?
Ans. Kisa Gotami went from one house to the other as Gautama Buddha had instructed. She failed to bring mustard seeds as there was no house where someone hadn’t lost their beloved ones. Being helpless, she sat down by the roadside. It grew darker. She understood that ‘death is inevitable.
Yes, Buddha wanted Kisa Gotami to understand the fact that no one is immortal. Death is inevitable.
4. Why do you think Kisa Gotami understood this only the second time? In what way did the Buddha change her understanding?
Ans. Kisa Gotami suffered from grief as she has lost her child. She had lost her senses. That’s why, she was moving here and there in search of medicine. Kisa Gotami understood this only in the second time because she
Buddha wanted her to realise that everyone has to die. He asked her to bring some mustard seeds from a house where no one has lost a child, husband, parent or friend. She moved from door to door but couldn’t find such a place. Finally, she understood that everyone must die at some point in time. In this way, Buddha changed her understanding.
5. How do you usually understand the idea of ‘selfishness’? Do you agree with Kisa Gotami that she was being selfish in her grief ’?
Ans. ‘Selfishness’ is the act of being selfish, i.e., the person who thinks about themselves.
- Arithmetic Progressions Chapter 5 NCERT Solutions For Class 10 CBSE Mathematics (Exercise 3 and 4)
- Arithmetic Progressions Chapter 5 NCERT Solutions For Class 10 CBSE Mathematics (Exercise 1 and 2)
- Some Applications of Trigonometry Chapter 9 Extra Questions and Solutions For Class 10 CBSE Mathematics
- Circles Chapter 10 Extra Questions and Solutions For Class 10 CBSE Mathematics
- Coordinate Geometry Chapter 7 Extra Questions and Solutions For Class 10 CBSE Mathematics