Revision Test on Evans Tries an O-level
A. Read the extracts carefully and answer the questions carefully.
1. “Would you mind if I put a blanket around me shoulders, sir? It’s a bit parky in ’ere, isn’t it?” 4
i. Who is the speaker here?
ii. Who is ‘sir’ here?
iii. What does he mean by parky?
iv. Where was the blanket?
2. Jackson shouted along the corridor to Stephens. The Governor wanted to speak with him —“Hurry, man!” 4
i. What time did this incident take place?
ii. What was the instruction given?
iii. Who was in the other end of the call ?
iv. How was the call a privilege for Stephens?
B. Answer the following questions carefully in about 30- 40 words each. 5×2=10
1. How did the index number and centre number hint something else ?2. Discuss the importance of “9.40 am”.
3. How was the governor proud of his ability over German language?4. Discuss the importance of the peep hole in the story.
C. Answer the following questions in about 120-150 words each 6×2=12
1. Discuss the role of the friends of Evans.
2. How does the story reflect a cat and mouse race and chase